Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Mr. Bieber 1st place WaterFest 17
4,625 Posts
not bad, bout time someone posted k04 results :thumbup: you running a borg warner or franken turbo?

·
he just thinks he's amazing. really. no kidding.
3,779 Posts
nice! Glad to see your project coming together. Let me know when you have the time to work on those issues... I know I haven't replied to your last message, but we'll work something out.

Hope I get a ride... :D

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice! Glad to see your project coming together. Let me know when you have the time to work on those issues... I know I haven't replied to your last message, but we'll work something out.

Hope I get a ride... :D
I really want to get the sunroof and key taken care of, two things that are bugging me the most right now
and I think a ride can be arranged

·
Registered
26,992 Posts
Numbers look decent, but at higher rpm than normal for a K04. What tuning and other mods do you have?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Other mods? Some people were saying those numbers are low but if you are just running the turbo and software than I think thats great and sounds just right

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The K04 is only rated to aprox. 200 whp, and that would be with fueling, FMIC, and full exhaust and tuned for those things.

Mods are as follows:
Stock Bosch spark plugs for Audi 20v
Colorado airbox mod
Samco TIP
36lb injectors
High flow cat

As for the tune, it was a custom dyno tune from 034

·
Registered
26,992 Posts
Numbers should be at the wheels, so they look fine. I just usually see K04 peaks at lower RPM and rarely hold the HP that high on a stock K04. It may be the boost being kept low to avoid heatsoak since you don't have an FMIC. That would move the peaks to the right.

Is that 19.7 the peak boost? If so, that is the case. With more boost you would have more of a boost spike and less HP. Good balance overall.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The 19.7 is the peak. Kinda glad it goes to aprox. 20 since my boost gauge only goes to 20psi haha.

·
Registered
469 Posts
The K04 is only rated to aprox. 200 whp, and that would be with fueling, FMIC, and full exhaust and tuned for those things.

Mods are as follows:
Stock Bosch spark plugs for Audi 20v
Colorado airbox mod
Samco TIP
36lb injectors
High flow cat

As for the tune, it was a custom dyno tune from 034
Yea makes more sense now. The beauty of it is you can now upgrade the easy way (vs most of getting bolt-ons THEN turbo).

·
he just thinks he's amazing. really. no kidding.
3,779 Posts
I really want to get the sunroof and key taken care of, two things that are bugging me the most right now
and I think a ride can be arranged
I'll get back to you with my work schedule for the next few weeks, I'm sure we can coordinate.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ah, yes. Still havent decided if I want to do exhaust. Im getting stuck replacing control arms, motor mounts, and heater/ac control assemblies. too much money after doing all this work to it...not enjoying it one bit

·
Registered
469 Posts
Ah, yes. Still havent decided if I want to do exhaust. Im getting stuck replacing control arms, motor mounts, and heater/ac control assemblies. too much money after doing all this work to it...not enjoying it one bit
That stinks man I wish you the best in getting that all over with asap. What kind of motor mounts will you be going with? With just the ko3 and exhaust my car jumps around way too much under throttle :banghead:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That stinks man I wish you the best in getting that all over with asap. What kind of motor mounts will you be going with? With just the ko3 and exhaust my car jumps around way too much under throttle :banghead:
I currently have oem S4 mounts, but Im looking into getting 034 track density motor mounts and street density transmission mounts. Need to take care of the motor mounts and suspension soon otherwise I feel I might lose interest as its not too fun to drive right now....pretty shitty actually

·
Resident a-hole knowitall
15,715 Posts
either go full track mounts or full street mounts, i personally wouldnt mix them or due to vibrations the track mounts are pretty solid and the street ones allow for some movement so the tranny will still move some and the engine will be locked down.

as for the dyno looks good, but i think the torque is a little low for a K04 you still have some potential in that setup

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
either go full track mounts or full street mounts, i personally wouldnt mix them or due to vibrations the track mounts are pretty solid and the street ones allow for some movement so the tranny will still move some and the engine will be locked down.

as for the dyno looks good, but i think the torque is a little low for a K04 you still have some potential in that setup
you make a good point, but I was told this from someone at 034. The thing is I want the drivetrain locked down, but I also do not want insane amounts of vibration, which I feel the track mounts will do regardless.
As for the K04, I was told that 200 hp is its max, and that would be with adding an exhaust and FMIC, so aprox. 800-900 in parts for 20 hp....:hmmm:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts