Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so... this happened before, and, I'm somewhat upset.

The price of the 2000 Passat GLS Tiptronic has plummited--again. I checked KBB 2 nights ago (I know that I am obsesive :oops: ) and the value of my 2000 GLS was almost $12,500 Private Party. After entering my cars info today, the value is $11,140... wtf?!!

Can everyone check the numbers on their Passats too? This isn't the first time the KBB value of the Passat has taken a dive. It did the same thing about 3 months ago :suspicio: .

·
Registered
346 Posts
The prices of used cars in general have been pressured downwards more than expected because of the extreme deals and incentives that manufacturers and dealers are using to sell new cars. I've even heard on Clubb5 that some users here have picked up W8's for the MSRP of a GLX V6!

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
don't feel too bad. i just looked up my 99 and it's $9800+/-...

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Wow, those numbers are disappointing to say the least. I'm selling my "summer car", a '99 Toyota Corolla (1.6l engine) after this summer, expecting to get at least 13K EUR (~15 740 USD) (in Finland...) :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
how many miles, once over 75k, its all over!! WOW, mine dropped a little also, Last time I checked.....last month it was good for 13k, now at 76000, its only good for $11500! One of the few drawbacks of owning a VW! Don't hold resale. :puke:

·
Registered
302 Posts
$11,725 for my 2000 v6 sedan... course I bought it for $9100 back around thanksgiving put in a new clutch and it has been awesome so I am pretty pleased :thumbup:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Check out this site. Its what the banks use anyway.
http://www2.nadaguides.com/
Seems that Kelly Blue Book is rating our cars about couple a thousand less?
Nada for my GLX was $18,025 trade in and $21,125 for Retail where as KBB priced the car at $14,575 trade in and $17,250 private party!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
it depends where you are located in the U.S. as to what banks use for valuing cars. In Michigan at least all of the banks and any respectable dealer uses the N.A.D.A. guides.

·
Banned
1,631 Posts
I just looked mine up with NADA too and I got $11,200 for trade-in and $13,500 for private party. Pretty good considering I got it for a little over $12,000 last year.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
You are now learing why US cars take such a hit in resale value, or at least part of the reason. With all of the incentives on them if you buy when there aren't any you will see that your car devalues quickly. As a result, older once lose resale value as incentives occur on newer models.

VW has never done these types of incentives before so most owners are not used to this nice ripple effect.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
26 Participants
azdubs
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing