Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody. I have a passat b6 2.0 tdi 140. BKP engine from the year 2008 with a 6 speed dsg transmission. I have a problem of jerks and hesitation when the engine is cold, it is as if the diesel or the air is cut from the engine. when the engine reaches a temperature over 70 celsius the problem disappears and the car drives normally. moreover, I have the impression that the problem appears when I drive the car and I park it after 3 or 4 hours. because at the first start it does not. no fault code. thanks for your clarification.

·
Registered
2017 Volkswagen Passat 1.8T S
25 Posts
Hello everybody. I have a passat b6 2.0 tdi 140. BKP engine from the year 2008 with a 6 speed dsg transmission. I have a problem of jerks and hesitation when the engine is cold, it is as if the diesel or the air is cut from the engine. when the engine reaches a temperature over 70 celsius the problem disappears and the car drives normally. moreover, I have the impression that the problem appears when I drive the car and I park it after 3 or 4 hours. because at the first start it does not. no fault code. thanks for your clarification.
If the car is jerking when it's cold, it's the transmission not the engine. You should do a transmission filter and fluid service and see if that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts