Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as a former NJ and philly boy, I got to missing an old favorite. TASTYKAKES! (for those who are back east, you can get them easily; but they're real hard to find out here in calif, for some reason).

so I went to their website and ordered a box. well, crate is more like it ;)

the darned thing came today and it was 20 pounds! yikes! 72 3-packs of jelly krimpets. I may actually have a hard time finishing them.. ;)

anyone in the bay area interested in splitting up this large pkg?

this is what they look like (except the jelly ones don't have the frosting on top)):

(there are 3 of those jelly spongecakes per pack)

if you grew up near philly, you KNOW what jelly krimpets are. and if you're transplanted, like me, you might also be missing them.

I think it was a bit much to order a whole $50 box of them, but it was their minimum mailorder order. it didn't really dawn on me how many boxes there were until the crate arrived, just now ;)

·
Super Moderator
14,051 Posts
I love jelly krimpets. Especially out of the freezer!. yummm. I like the Peanut Butter Kandy Kakes too.

Just reread how many you got! Holy cow. They do freeze well at least.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
freeze? never thought of that. I bet they'll last thru the next ice age.

just cockroaches and krimpets will be left ;)

(I wish the min order was like half. $50 was their min. I NEVER EVER bought $50 worth of junkfood at once. not even in my college days ;) )

·
Super Moderator
14,051 Posts
Yup....freeze them. I loved breaking them apart and eating them out of the freezer. The cake softens up quick and you have this really thick, cold hunk of jelly in the center. Try it.

·
0 Posts
Tastykakes can not even be purchased in brooklyn, goddamit! you have to go to dirty jerz for them! :mad:

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
20vvillian said:
Tastykakes can not even be purchased in brooklyn, goddamit! you have to go to dirty jerz for them! :mad:
really?? wow. philly isn't THAT far away. man...

I don't miss the snow or heat/humidity of philly - but I do miss the food, sometimes ;) just TRY to get a decent pizza out west. you almost can't ;( not compared to the real italian pizzas I got from family shops back east.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I get a jones for a Drake's cake now and again - the big RingDing, YankeeDoodles,
Devil Dogs.

Are they still going or has Hostess consumed them ?

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
atomicalex said:
Shit, even I am not that crazy! A whole case?!?!?!?
it was the min order. which is why I'm offering to sell some of the booty off - I dont' want to LET myself even TRY to eat that whole crate!

Butterscotch owns you and you know it. :p
never really cared for it. dunno..

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WhiteKnight said:
I get a jones for a Drake's cake now and again - the big RingDing, YankeeDoodles,
Devil Dogs.

Are they still going or has Hostess consumed them ?
devil dogs! another one I can't find out west. yeah, I miss those. they were pretty unique.

funny how foods, even today, are still regional. I remember a lot of 'friendlys' restaurants back east but they're not out here. lots of other examples, too, I'm sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
linux-works
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing