Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1998.0 Passat GLS 1.8T 5-speed manual (Green dash lights!! :D)
Candy White exterior/Tan Leather interior
GIAC Stage 1.5 chip on spare ECU
VW 1BE Sport Suspension
SmartTire System (Version 2)
16" BBS RX w/ Dunlop SP9000's
Bailey Motorsport DV
Zimmerman Slotted/Cross-Drilled Rotors w/Mintex Pads
European light switch
Blaupunkt Toronto Head Unit

Coming soon:

Huper Optik window tint
Double-din center console mod
Turbo/Oil Temp/Voltmeter gauges
GG Bailey floor mats

Old Parts:

Bilstein/Neuspeed Sport Suspension (for sale)
17" Borbet "Type E" wheels (for sale)

·
Registered
26,835 Posts
Or the DFW one this weekend. We are hoping for at least 10 cars.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My car is getting some body work done right now (new bumper covers, new front/right quarterpanel), so I don't know if I will have it by the weekend anyway. :( It sucks right now driving around in my wife's 94 Accord. I wanted to replace that with an R32, but DSG isn't available yet so I'm waiting...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Pictures

So where's the pics. I would like to see those green lights :) Are those the grooved bilsteins? I was looking into buying them from the GB. If they are the grooved ones, how many miles do you have on them, how much are you selling them from,and why did you change them. Didn't like them?

Welcome & thank you.

Paul G.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll try to get some pics up soon. :) Yes, the bilsteins have the grooves. I think there are five positions. I have under 1000 miles on them. I changed them because the installer that put them on didn't know the spring height was adjustable, and the car kept bottoming out causing quarterpanel damage and general unpleasantness. So I ordered the 1BE suspension, swapped it out myself, and discovered in the process that I could have made the bilsteins work. The 1BE setup doesn't lower the car much but it did kill most of the squat/dive and floatiness of the original suspension. The Bilstein/Neuspeed setup is definitely firmer.

I haven't seen the bilstein/neuspeed stuff around for a while... I hope it didn't get thrown out when I moved last year. :shock: Time to start looking, I guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts