Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my Birthday I got to drive in the worst ice storm of the year :crazy:
Highlights were 2 hours driving on ice at 25-30mph where a 18 wheeler jacknifed and flipped less than 1/8 my behind me, and lots of flipped SUV's. There was one 18wheeler whose trailer got pulled apart into 2-pieces also.

let's see if imagestation is working again(Ijust got a email saying they fixed their problems)

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Wow. Here in Texas, we had snow just a little after that (around Valentine's). Not much by normal standards, but a lot for us. My wife's car had around an inch of very powdery stuff on her car that morning. Easier to clean than ice, and the roads weren't that bad. :) (And this after Christmas was warm! Crazy Texas weather.....)

Gotta be careful out there. And it's always fun to have to break the ice off the car so you can get in. :sad:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
holy...

·
Registered
182 Posts
We got hit in St. Louis pretty bad by this same storm. I woke up that Sunday morning to realize that I was out of ice melt and ventured out to Home Depot.

When I pulled into Home Depot's parking lot, which was a ghost town, the ice just started to fall. I was in the store no more than 10 minutes. By the time I got back to my car, there was close to 1/4" of ice on it!

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Nice pics :thumbup:
you guys can laugh at California all you want, but I think I was out on my boat on a beautiful sunny 70 degree day. :p

Who's crazy now? :poke:
jimbob, from the land of fruits and nuts. :lol:

·
Registered
954 Posts
LoneStarPoke said:
I can relate too... I didn't get a pick of the whole car but...

This happened one year ago exactly in Austin....
That happened on the 24th last year, not the 25th. That was an interesting day, class was cancelled because of the storm, but we didn't find out until later-after the ice was built up. Campus police stopped by our classroom and told us to go home. I destroyed my Sam's Club card scraping the ice off my car so I could get home from school since I didn't have an ice scraper (after that I put one in straigh away and I don't think I used it until I moved to Flagstaff-but I had it ready to go because of that storm). I think I got around 8 MPG because of traffic. And interestingly, that was my birthday.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I can relate too. My car was covered in ice in Seattle in January this year.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
jimbob said:
Nice pics :thumbup:
you guys can laugh at California all you want, but I think I was out on my boat on a beautiful sunny 70 degree day. :p

Who's crazy now? :poke:
jimbob, from the land of fruits and nuts. :lol:
That's why I love the Texas gulf coast. No snow!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
23 Participants
l5gcw0b
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing