Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
murdered out Jetta, er, B5 Passat
11,170 Posts
Yeah saw the coverage from SpringFling, car looks awesome! Wish I could have made it but had to work, so. :(

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Those wheels look AMAZING on your car Jmal! absolutely love the look!

EDIT: here is the pic I snapped of your car at springfling.

Thanks man, really appreciate it! You should take some more photos of my car in a non-parking-lot filled-with-other-cars sort of shoot. lol :)

nice jamal. Jeff was telling me about your rims the other day. Looks great!
Thanks man. Yeah they seem to get a lot of attention. Still not completely satisfied with the drop. Need to take out rear collars lol.

Yeah saw the coverage from SpringFling, car looks awesome! Wish I could have made it but had to work, so. :(
Yeah, more Passat love was needed there!

·
You can call me Marlboro
408 Posts
Thanks man, really appreciate it! You should take some more photos of my car in a non-parking-lot filled-with-other-cars sort of shoot. lol :)
I can def do that some time :p I am still working on my photography skills ... and my editing skills :p

Thanks man. Yeah they seem to get a lot of attention. Still not completely satisfied with the drop. Need to take out rear collars lol.
Yeah you will find (or at least I did) that these cars don't like to go low in the rear ... I had my rear adjusters completely out and just the spring in the rear and still didn't think the rear was low enough.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Your car looks so much better in real life.
Thanks Jayme, it was nice to meet you! Also, big thanks for hooking up my friends with some cool new features!

I love the look of the Euro engine cover, I have myself, nice little touch to the bay.
Agreed man. I mostly did it cause there was already soo much plastic under there, might as well add more lol

·
murdered out Jetta, er, B5 Passat
11,170 Posts
Hey Jamal, very nice meeting you bro! If you haven't yet, make sure to check out my VagKraft thread in the showroom!

Here are a couple other pics I took of your :b55::

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Hey Jamal, still on the sawblades eh?

Nice seeing you the other day, I've let my car slide a bit lately but I've tried to counter that by dumping it. need to get my fenders rolled for better drive-ability or take off the spacers.

done anything new to the ride?

Anyways,
take care.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Damn. I haven't updated this in some time. Hope everyone is doing well!

Seeing how I'm on a bit of a downtime with my Passat and having not driven it a while (since last year), I've been going stir crazy to drive it again.
So... for the last couple of years my car has looked like this with the above mods, but now with Reiger Front Valence, Votex Sideskirts, Votex Rear Valence and 'M3'-style trunk lip and Land Rover wheels.

Just this spring I have added 034Motorsport Street Density Engine / Transmission mounts, Lower Control Arms and Solid Subframe bushings and the wheels, Keskin KT1's colour-matched. Also did the front euro bumper trims, and have the rear one to install soon, and added a New South Boost gauge.

This past weekend I've noticed the signs of cam shaft lobe wear and likely lifter damage, so that job will be getting completed with with a Colt Cam put in its place and while it's all apart, a BSM delete... and just to think, I only did the timing belt only about 10k ago *facepalm*.

So it sits until I get that stuff done in the next week or so, once the cam arrives.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts