Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my car, I noticed that there seemed to be a small piece missing on both sides of the rocker panels. It seems like there's supposed to be some sort of plastic cover that snaps in where the jack points are, but mine were nowhere to be found. I've noticed quite a few other B5's that are missing them as well. Do they just fall off? Break off? Where can I get a new set of covers? It just looks kind of trashy w/o them. Thanks for any leads.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Did you buy new or used? They should definitely come with the car when it is new. They sometimes become a bit loose when you swivel them, but when they are clipped in, they should stay put and not fall off. You should be able to pick them up from you VW Parts Department, or do a search on german auto parts or some thing. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
One of mine broke off. I'm also interested in hearing if there's a part number to replace. My advice to those that still have them...don't swivel them up when you jack up the car. The first time that I did, it swiveled and busted off.

-Mark

·
Super Moderator
14,051 Posts
They only cost a few bucks at the dealer. I had to buy one because I forgot to swivel it up while jacking. Broke it right off. Takes 2 seconds to slide into place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
Urlik
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing