Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

I've just placed an order with wheel guyz...

2K views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  JimmyDee 
#1 ·
...for a set of HP Evo's for my 2000 Passat. Of course the guy said they are in stock. I have no way to know otherwise! Of course they immediately charged my credit card.

Wish me luck.

#8 ·
I think I'd give these Guyz a call... find out the shipping date / or the waybill if they've already been shipped.

I don't want to scare you. I've never dealt with them before, they may have some in stock. I just know that I wanted a set last month, and was told by another distributor that all HP Evo's were on backorder.

Jimmy :)

#9 ·
I mean, it would pretty stupid of them to say they are in stock if the wheels werent but u never know. I see HP evos for the passat on ebay alot so i really dont know if they are lyin or not. The thing is, they could be lying, they got ur money already and they can make u wait if they want to. i also say, give them a call!

#10 ·
READ THIS:
Lug/stud conversion kit isn't the same as hub rings. HP made the Evo initially with 12mm lugs, but our cars use 14mm, now WheelGuyz will tell you that "it's completely safe to put a stud/lug conversion kit on your car" and will tell you that they have a BMW with 22"s with conversion kit and that its all great. Well it's NOT, you do NOT want to do that. They usually need to special order the 14mm, and they may even tell you that they don't exist, but they are out straight lying to you. I originally had these wheels shipped to me with 12mm lugs with stud conversion kit, and I simply sent them back and waited for the right ones, the ones with 14mm lug bolts. Make sure you do the same.

Also, the 14mm lug bolt rims do need rings, but that's not that big of an issue. You want to avoid the stud/lug conversion kit AT ALL COST!

Btw, I waited for these wheels from wheelguyz for 3 months. Hopefully you'll have better luck. :drink:

#11 ·
PhatRabbitzz said:
READ THIS:
Lug/stud conversion kit isn't the same as hub rings. HP made the Evo initially with 12mm lugs, but our cars use 14mm, now WheelGuyz will tell you that "it's completely safe to put a stud/lug conversion kit on your car" and will tell you that they have a BMW with 22"s with conversion kit and that its all great. Well it's NOT, you do NOT want to do that. They usually need to special order the 14mm, and they may even tell you that they don't exist, but they are out straight lying to you. I originally had these wheels shipped to me with 12mm lugs with stud conversion kit, and I simply sent them back and waited for the right ones, the ones with 14mm lug bolts. Make sure you do the same.

Also, the 14mm lug bolt rims do need rings, but that's not that big of an issue. You want to avoid the stud/lug conversion kit AT ALL COST!

Btw, I waited for these wheels from wheelguyz for 3 months. Hopefully you'll have better luck. :drink:
I got mine from them and was told they were backordered up front. They took a $200 deposit to put me on the list so when they came in I would get a set. After a month they came in and they were shipped.
They should have gave you a ship date if they are in stock. These are some of the hottest selling wheels they have.
Anyway the Evo's are all 14mm lug holes to my knowledge :wink: Make sure they ship the hub rings(73x57.1) too and you will need new lugs! 14x1.5x25mm cone shape :wink:

#12 ·
Thanks for ALL your input. I have been told by them that I'll have EVRYTHING I need with these wheels. I'll believe it when I see it. I'll post a follow up WHENEVER I GET THE WHEELS with the parts received and you all can tell me what I'm missing.

Hopefully nothing!. :wink:

#13 ·
OK... Here's the latest update. Wheel guyz actually came through. They shipped within 24 hours and I've just received the set. Problem is... my wife does NOT want it at all and I need to sell it.

Send me a private mail or check the classifieds if you are interested.

#16 ·
I'm married, and that sucks... I can totally picture the scenario...
I have a good job, and you should've heard the bitching when I came home with new BBS's on the ride... she shit!

It's all cool now, and she's learned to live with it.
Needless to say, I never even mentioned when I got the Eibach Pro System installed... she hasn't noticed that the car is lower, or the ride is harsher.

Marriage is great in some ways... but sucks for modding.

#17 ·
JimmyDee said:
I'm married, and that sucks... I can totally picture the scenario...
I have a good job, and you should've heard the bitching when I came home with new BBS's on the ride... she shit!

It's all cool now, and she's learned to live with it.
Needless to say, I never even mentioned when I got the Eibach Pro System installed... she hasn't noticed that the car is lower, or the ride is harsher.

Marriage is great in some ways... but sucks for modding.

Funny most women will could care less about cars! They just dont get it :crazy:

#22 ·
Hey guys...

About a comment that was posted up a bit on here:

I was told you can use the stock lug bolts with the EVO's (Phatrabbitzz said that the stock lug bolts would work fine). According to the message above, you need to buy new lug bolts. Which is true? I have a set of EVO's on order from an eBay distributor (I had a wonderful story with the Wheelguyz too which I'm sure many of you read now), and I'm trying to figure out if I need to get another set of lug bolts. Hmm.... :???: I've arranged for the hubcentric rings to be sent with the wheels.

Coolcamden, you got lucky with your experience with the Wheelbitchez! If you would like to read about bullet you dodged, check out the link to my experience...

http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=75291&highlight=hp+evo

:beer:

#23 ·
IMXTREEM2 said:
Hey guys...

About a comment that was posted up a bit on here:

I was told you can use the stock lug bolts with the EVO's (Phatrabbitzz said that the stock lug bolts would work fine). According to the message above, you need to buy new lug bolts. Which is true? I have a set of EVO's on order from an eBay distributor (I had a wonderful story with the Wheelguyz too which I'm sure many of you read now), and I'm trying to figure out if I need to get another set of lug bolts. Hmm.... :???: I've arranged for the hubcentric rings to be sent with the wheels.

Coolcamden, you got lucky with your experience with the Wheelbitchez! If you would like to read about bullet you dodged, check out the link to my experience...

http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=75291&highlight=hp+evo

:beer:
The stock lugs are Ball shape not Ccone. The rims need cone shape lugs. The stock lugs will work but will not seat properly! You need cone shape lugs. Size= 14x1.5x25mm cone shape . I think stock are 14x1.5x28mm ball shape. :wink:

#25 ·
P.S. - Where did you order yours from? I was working with www.pure-motorsport.com, and they don't have the 14x1.5x25mm. The next size they have which is close is 28mm. Would that work?

SKU Threads Seat Length
4212 14x1.5 Cone 23mm
4240 14x1.5 Cone 28mm
4259 14x1.5 Cone 30mm
4263 14x1.5 Cone 32mm
4271 14x1.5 Cone 35mm
4290 14x1.5 Cone 41mm
4714 14x1.5 Cone 47mm
4309 14x1.5 Cone 50mm

#26 ·
IMXTREEM2 said:
P.S. - Where did you order yours from? I was working with www.pure-motorsport.com, and they don't have the 14x1.5x25mm. The next size they have which is close is 28mm. Would that work?

SKU Threads Seat Length
4212 14x1.5 Cone 23mm
4240 14x1.5 Cone 28mm
4259 14x1.5 Cone 30mm
4263 14x1.5 Cone 32mm
4271 14x1.5 Cone 35mm
4290 14x1.5 Cone 41mm
4714 14x1.5 Cone 47mm
4309 14x1.5 Cone 50mm
I got my Rad locks from Puremotorsport
http://www.pure-motorsport.com/products/description.php/II=698/CA=50/PA=10
I got my lugs from wheelguyz.
This place has lugs too
http://www.prestigewheel.com/Image1914524c.aspJust make sure when you mount the wheel and put the lugs on that the wheel spins freely before you put it on the ground and drive away and tear up the car :wink:
Because if the lugs are to long that wheel will not spin so make sure you check while the cars off the ground....Just a tip :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.