Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the wife recently dumped her 98 Passat V6 with only 67K miles on it. No more VW or Audi products in our household! On 1/4/04, her 2001 Audi A6 4.2 caught fire in our garage (no one was home) and it burned up my 2000 Corvette along with it! Immedatley after that happened, her Passat began to experience the dreaded "oil burning smell" and after a $2300 repair (head gaskets, water pump, timing belt, cam seals, valve cover gaskets, etc) the smell was still there. Our local dealership :evil: :evil: said the valve cover gaskets "tend to leak all the time" and that they needed to be replaced again, at their expense. Then the power passenger seat started to rock back and forth, making a loud clanking sound. Then the windshield wiper motor stopped working! Enough is enough. I know the 98's have had their problems, but this is ridiculous. This car was babied and extremely well cared for. Oh well, she just bought a 2002 M-B CLK 430 with only 6000 miles on it...and it has a warranty. I bought a new 2004 Corvette to replace the one I lost in the fire. My rant is over...see ya later VW and Audi...NOT!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Too bad you feel that way, but a bad experience will do that everytime. Not to shabby of a comprimise..a MB and a Vette... :bow:

Take care..bye bye :kiss:

Jason

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Just read in the paper today that those are on recall from Audi do to the dash wires catching fire! 2001 Audi A6 4.2 This was one of the cars along with other Audis! Can you say Lawsuits :???:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually, we lost about 40% of our home. Hopefully we'll be back in at the end of next week. Audi has a lot of explaining to do, and my complaint was the primary reason that they are recalling the A6s!!! I will miss the Passat, but we just couldn't take the chance of keeping it!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
8 Participants
jw38
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing