Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I signed on the dotted line, and if the mecanics inspection finds no faults with the engine its mine :D.

Now the question is, where do I start to mod? I dont want to go to heavy into it for the fact that I am going to Germany in May and want to pick up some parts and kits there (they'll be cheaper). Im even thinking about holding out on rims until I check out what they have there and what prices they will be.

So any suggestions?

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
congrats! what did you get?

as for mods, if you wanna hold out on rims, then you could always chip it, or do some suspension work.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
98 model.

I dont wanna do any suspension work until I have rims in place and know exactly how low I want to go.

I think a 35% tint will go first.

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
welcome to the club

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Of course I figured it out as soon as I looked under the hood.

No its a non turbo, but for the price that I got it, I couldnt refuse. Passats are fucking hard to find here and most are non turbo in a price range that I can afford. Plus this was always going to be more of a family car with exterior mods rather then engine ones.

I know it'll be slower, but the test drive was bareable. I'll still look into putting an aftermarket turbo on myself, not sure if this has ever been done before. But if not Im fine to drive the non turbo for a few years and then trade it up for a 2002 turbo Passat or prehaps a BMW at that stage.

Its a short term family car. Im happy :D. Its in great conditiont too. One previous owner, has all the books. Has been serviced. I told them I want the tensioner and timing belt replaced as well as the coil covers, the only thing that is a "maybe" is the control arms and tie rod ends as they dont want to replace them unless they are totally gone.

Im gettin an RAA mechanic to come over and do a full mechanical check and if that is fine then Ill drive away with it on Tuesday. If theres some little things that need to get fixed the VW dealer has said they will fix them, if theres something major wrong I guess Ill have to keep looking for a diff car.

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
Kosmas said:
Welcome on board ... another Aussie Passat :thumbup:
Hey Kosmas .. we have a kid from Melbourne playing Jr. Hockey here in town ,.. Nice kid ..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
16 Participants
Rukas
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing