Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
on a rainy day nothing, I mean nothing beats some cool cool Jazz with a heavy bass line. Not that modern crap that has a xylophone in it. Just straight heavy hittin' Jazz baby. Oh yeah, now I have to go for a drive, because it's dark and rainy out. 8)

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
me driving anytime = \m/

Heavy metal ALWAYS. Gotta listen to somethin that gets my head bangin. And if I don't feel like listening to that anymore, I usually shut off my radio and just go.

·
Registered
23,177 Posts
It depends on my mood and the driving conditions. I'll go from one end of the spectrum to the other with the exception of country. Some of the older stuff like Patsy Cline for instance will get some play time but I generally don't get to into country. Just about everything else gets about equal play time.

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
606 Posts
heavy metal/classic rock

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
music

Nothing to do with listening in the car but....We saw Pearl Jam last Night and the show was great. Oh yeah in my car I usually listen to Bosstones, Helmet, all old hardcore. I just cannot admit that I am a father of three. My god where did the time go. Oh well PJ rocked and on a bonus we got to hear Tim Robbins band and he also sang with PJ. Later

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
depends on mood and if my gf is with me or not...but mostly SlIpkNot deftones korn downset digable planets,charlie bidle trio,linkin park,sade,just depends on mood i would listen to jazz if i could find some so if you want to reccomend some that would be great [/img]

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Syncroq5 said:
on a rainy day nothing, I mean nothing beats some cool cool Jazz with a heavy bass line.
Straight up.

Usually if I'm not listening to German electronica or house (re: freeway music), it's smooth jazz. Rock and pop on occassion.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Love all kinds of music, being a musician myself.

But lately what has been getting heavy play time in my
variant is:

*Wilco "A ghost is Born"
*Sparta "Wiretap Scars" and "Porcelain"
*Neil Young "Harvest"- my favorite Fall album, every year!!
*Kruder and Dorfmiester "K&D Sessions"...old, but feelin' that!!
*The Trojan "Rude Boy Box Set"...nasty old roots reggae and early ska
*The Roots "Phrenology"....illness
*Talib Kweli "Beautiful Struggle"....mind blowing, ground breaking hip hop

and sundays, believe it or not, are always reserved for Garrison Kieler and Praire Home Companion on NPR...I guess it's the HONKY in me.

Rock on......

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
Depends on the moods, i can go from 80's music to rock, some rap (the old stuff) but mostly, at all time, ROCK. Linkin Park, Metallica and even Limp Bizkit is always in my CD changer :bow: :thumbup:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Currently playing on the PhatBox is Roland Orzabal. Yesterday was Robert Miles, before that was Portishead. Fek CDs. This is the way to go for shor. :thumbup:
cheers :beer:

·
Registered
98 Posts
for cruisin on the highway,....''gone in 60 seconds" soundtrack, the stones' "let it bleed", and moby's "play". for on the roads.... jay z's "black album", ac/dc's "dirty deeds" and to even things out, john coltrane's "love supreme".....killer stuff :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.