Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished intalling the Pure Mostor Sports upper stress bar. Total installation time was about one hour and its a little more time consuming then what Pure describes on their web site. I found that removing the battery makes the work alot easier. By the way, the bar looked great - powder coated black - excellent fit and finish. So far I havent felt a difference in how the car feels in a couple of more days I should have a better idea.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I also have the PMS strut bar. It didn't make as big of a difference as my SRS rear sway bar. But I have noticed crispier steering. I think I will notice an improvement when I put on my 17's.

I didn't have to remove my battery, but I did have to disconnect one of the leads because it was in the way.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Now you need to add one of these http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39465 and your handling will be totally complete!!

Just a little self serving promotion. But ask anyone with a LTB and they'll tell you samething as me. These really work great and add more to the way the car turns into corners than the upper stress bar. But, if you add both the lower and upper bars the car is really stiff in the cornering department and really adds a lot of fun to the way it feels!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also, you can feel the Lower Tie Bar's (LTB) inprovement the moment you drive away. Straight line or corninging, this bar is great. Cheap too compaired to simular type of bars.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Chas said:
But ask anyone with a LTB and they'll tell you samething as me. These really work great and add more to the way the car turns into corners than the upper stress bar. But, if you add both the lower and upper bars the car is really stiff in the cornering department and really adds a lot of fun to the way it feels!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also, you can feel the Lower Tie Bar's (LTB) inprovement the moment you drive away. Straight line or corninging, this bar is great. Cheap too compaired to simular type of bars.
I agree. Did wonders with stock suspension, a little bit more confidence is what comes up in my head when I think about how the bar affected my car. Glad I bought it before before the upper stress bar.(Most everyone will tell you to get an LTB first) The most bang for the buck I've gotten out of my mods so far.

·
Registered
902 Posts
How did you get past the AC lines when installing the bar? I'm having a hard time getting the braket underneath the lines.

:???:

·
Registered
628 Posts
JokerUNM said:
How did you get past the AC lines when installing the bar? I'm having a hard time getting the braket underneath the lines.

:???:
What year is your car? My friend had the same problem your experiencing. My friend couldn't install it in his 99 A4 but it fit perfectly in my 02 Passat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
9 Participants
JokerUNM
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing