Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 Passat 2.0t and about once a week my radio goes from serius to the FM, it's annoying! Also my driver door handle would not work for three days! (going to the dealer Thursday) and on the driver door handle that cover that comes off for the key! It fell off! What a pain! only $8 but now I have to get it painted and hope it dosn't fall off again!!
Any of you had these problems???
Thanks...

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have an 06 Passat 2.0t and about once a week my radio goes from serius to the FM, it's annoying! Also my driver door handle would not work for three days! (going to the dealer Thursday) and on the driver door handle that cover that comes off for the key! It fell off! What a pain! only $8 but now I have to get it painted and hope it dosn't fall off again!!
Any of you had these problems???
Thanks...
What you mention are referred to as 'features.'

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
the radio and the door not working should be covered by warranty, but good luck convincing the dealer that the keyhole cover is an issue that should be covered, because my guess is that you reinstalled it incorrectly; leaving it loose making it "your fault".

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, The Dealer is going to cover the door handle under warranty and they adjusted the door handle! They say the radio is a common problem! Lovely! and they are issues!

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
They say the radio is a common problem! Lovely! and they are issues!
I've had my '06 for almost a year and my Sirius/FM works just fine. If it's a "common problem" then insist that they FIX IT. If you get no satisfaction from the dealer (which would not be too surprising), take the complaint up the line to VWoA's customer satisfaction department. The only way it will get taken care of is for you to complain, LOUDLY, repeatedly, and in writing. Don't let them bullshit you on this. Good luck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It seems like little to no effort goes into making the Passat a quality car. They seem to be satisfied with packing nice ideas into it, but finishing it off doesn't matter. I've got 3000 miles on my car, and repeated issues with an exhaust malfunction. (3x's in 3000 miles in a brand new car is unacceptable, not to mention other random lights that have come and gone) First time they "fixed" it, second time it went out by itself, only to return 2 weeks later. Now I have to take time off work to get these idiots to "fix" my car, to only have it do this again in a month.

For me this is fast becoming my worst purchase ever. If I could get a refund right now, I would do it in a heart beat. But I don't have enough money to cover a big loss.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
It seems like little to no effort goes into making the Passat a quality car. They seem to be satisfied with packing nice ideas into it, but finishing it off doesn't matter. I've got 3000 miles on my car, and repeated issues with an exhaust malfunction. (3x's in 3000 miles in a brand new car is unacceptable, not to mention other random lights that have come and gone) First time they "fixed" it, second time it went out by itself, only to return 2 weeks later. Now I have to take time off work to get these idiots to "fix" my car, to only have it do this again in a month.

For me this is fast becoming my worst purchase ever. If I could get a refund right now, I would do it in a heart beat. But I don't have enough money to cover a big loss.
Sorry to hear about your car issues. Check out lemomlawamerica.com to see if your state has a Lemon Law, and whether you may be entitled to refund or replacement on the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts