Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right. Just got myself a 97 passat estate 1.8T.
75,000 on the clock.

Drives smoothly but there are some electrical issues.
My drivers door window has just stopped working.
I have a faulty airbag sensor under the drivers seat.
I need to dry the carpets after a pollen filter leak.

Anyone got any suggestions how i can diagnose the fault on the drivers window?
Can I replace the airbag sensor myself?
Ant tips for swiftly getting the carpet out or drying it without removing it?

Thanks......

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, you had a water problem? I've had one too, but I've fixed it. Winidow not working, well. Your CCM under the carpet in front of the driver seat could be wet and causing that, once you get the carpet up it's a black box, comes out easy unplug it by openong it and take it out, dry it, you can even open the circut board and check that. Check the wires on tha harness too, one of them could have broken. This will also be a good time to prop the carpet up somehow and letting it airdry. YOu should see what my CCM looks like....it's funny.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep could be aCCM issue.

The window started working again thsi morning which points to the CCM or wiring.

I'll get that carpet up and out pretty soon before more damage occurs.
I have already moved the CCM box to be above the carpet as it was pretty damp.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Note your airbag warning could be just due to corrosion at the wire harness (that is, your sensor could be fine and not need replacing). Unhook the battery, then remove the wire harness under your seat, clean the leads a bit with a toothbrush, then apply some dialectric grease. Then reset the fault code w/a VAG-COM (it won't reset itself, must be done electronically). See if that doesn't make it go away. It worked for me...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts