Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that most Americans and Europeans don't tint or put sun control film on their cars. Some do ,b ut most don't. I have always had better quality film on my cars and the interior lasts longer, there's less glare, your a/c works better and you have some privacy.

So why don't more people have it?

• ___It's not legal.
  • ___It's too expensive.
  • ___It doesn't last long.
  • ___Its too hard to see through.

Those are the only reasons I can think of. I'd be interested in what others think or know.

·
Super Moderator
14,046 Posts
Many states do not allow it on front windows, mostly up north. I haven't gotten it on my last few cars due to cost and the fact it's not an essential thing to get. It does make a car feel darker and dingier inside IMHO.

·
Registered
28 Posts
In RI, the tint must allow 70% of light, and you can only have the top of the wind shield tinted. No colors or reflections. I've had friends of mine pulled over for having their tint too dark so I just steer away completely. In the southern states, it must keep the interior much cooler.

·
2004 B5.5 Variant 1.8T
23,599 Posts
Tint Laws

I used to have it and still do on my Wagon, but have not tinted a car since. To me, it's not worth he hassle of law enforcement and the level allowed here doesn't allow for any privacy, not that I would care about that. Privacy from what? Illegal doings?

·
2004 B5.5 Variant 1.8T
23,599 Posts
That's 35%. I only did the wagon because it's like a fishbowl.

·
2004 B5.5 Variant 1.8T
23,599 Posts
That was lowered....not anymore. Just an extra car now.

·
2004 B5.5 Variant 1.8T
23,599 Posts
Love the CHs, always wanted them for my B5 but I'm too cheap to buy wheels. :D
Lol, just saw this. If referring to mine, those are the A6 BBS RC. I think I got the set for $250. The needed some paint.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts