Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok it has been a long time time since i lost my first b5 in a crash but now i,am back thank god i have a 99 passat 1.8t .my qeustion is it normal while i,am pressing the gas and than i take my foot off the car jerks as if it was shifting but the car is a tip ? well i swear i don,t remember my 2000 passat doing this i have a 24 month warranty because it is a certified vw .should i take it in to see was up or not thanks guys and girls for any of your feed back :suspicio:

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
My 2000 1.8t auto tip dose the exact same thing. has done it the hole time i have had the car (only 3 Months). i have 98000 miles and have taken to a couple os shops and they tell me that everything is normal (they even compliment me on how good it runs/looks).
Hope This helps!
thanks
Ethan

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey, i know what you mean, only automatic trans cars do it. It happens when you press the gas and then suddenly remove your foot. It feels like a strong jerk. It is your transmission. Try not to do it. My friend had a saturn SC2, and he had to get a new tranny because of that jerking motion. His mechanic told him basically, either floor it all the way and decellerate little by little, or dont floor it at all. :lol: My of course the quality of VW transmissions wont mess up as easily as a Saturn.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
b5pr
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing