Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is a new place that opend up down the street from me

and they quoted me at 220 for all 5 windows 50% up front and 35% backs

lifetime warrenty garentted never to buble or purple from manufaturer so even if this guy goes out of biz or i move i can still have it protected

also i heard that 50% 35% is the limit in VA but the windows have about 4% tint out of the factory

he said it wasnt a probelm becuase teh law allowes for 6% diffrence anyone else know if this is true ( i dont want to pay the money then have it strped off by barney fife)

·
Registered
23,183 Posts
why not consult the VA DMV? I'm sure they have a website and you can find out the limits for sure. Price wise, he's OK. I was pricing tint today and the range was $165-$250 for all 5 back windows and $230 for front and back. Not a bad price at all.

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
168 Posts
i did my tint at windowkoat in St Pete FL in jun 2003. all 5 plus the two front doors 188.00 total after tax. using street legal tint for florida bout 50% all around

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what i should have asked is does anyone know what the tint on the windows is out of the factory

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
i wouldn't sweat the factory tint, unless your locality is really strict about this kind of thing, you're going basically legal. i got 50% / 35% on my wagon (50% all around is legal here) and wish i'd've gone darker. now i see all sorts of junk with tint that i can't even see through...

but i did wuss out and put the front plate on :roll:

·
Registered
261 Posts
I highly recommend la tint in centreville. They are located in a business park off of rt28 2-3 miles from i-66. Their millenium tint looks like OEM when installed

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
I paid $190 for mine to be done at 20% all the way around, and the guy i use is awsome, did 9 vehicles that i know and never messed up. Wouldn't that be 7 windows :???: , since you have the 2 little ones as well in between the rear windows and the back winshield :lol: . But anyways, i think $220 might be a little exessive, but i am not sure :crazy: ........................... :b5: :thumbup: .

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I paid about 130 for my tint, 38 front 25 rear. I had another car in at the same time though, so I don't know if that had any factor in price. They did a good job on my car :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well its 200

and 225 for the tint that has the lifetime warrenty

yea i saw the la tint im going to have them do a quote later mabey tuesday or wedsday

i wander if i can get some price wars going on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
8 Participants
crash893
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing