Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some people are plain odd. Check this out. This appears to be a nice front-end of a bimmer

But wait...................................

I thought this was a BMW!!! A Nissan with a BMW Badge.........how degrading.

Let the Bashing begin.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Its a test mule for the up coming 1 series :suspicio:
Gotta give him credit for installation, front end looks pretty good. :weirdo:

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
there's a guy who has a 200sx nissan that always parks near this restaurant I go to.

the thing is, the factory lettering on the trunk isn't there anymore and instead, he put LARGE WHITE letters there, very cheaply done. like you'd see on a DIY for-sale sign.

many people go to great lengths to down-play the logo lettering. I see ZERO reason why you'd think that enlarging the lettering on a so-so car would be of any use at all. weird!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you look at the performance sheet.... I am not following how he can do a 1/4 mile in 14.27 sec @ 96.6? His torque is ok, but not exceptional to really get him off and going. with a displacement of 2.0 l (1998cc) 4Cyl. naturally aspirated??? How does that work??

·
Registered
12,116 Posts
It's possible if he's a good driver with good tires and the car really weighs about 2400lbs like he claims, especially if that horsepower is at the wheels.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Macabre said:
It's possible if he's a good driver with good tires and the car really weighs about 2400lbs like he claims, especially if that horsepower is at the wheels.
It would have to be at the wheels to pull a time like that? I believe that when you get your car dyno'd they show it at the wheel? Might be incorrect. Thanks MAC

·
Registered
12,116 Posts
the shop can spit out the dyno with some conversion factory applied if they like, or pop the data into excel. I suppose it's possible that he could do that with only 170flywheel hp especially since it looks like it's just a gtech time. 96mph would probably be too high for only 170flywheel hp but gtech's are always high on the trap speed.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
hehehe - looks like a sentra se. has the same engine as my infiniti: 140hp stock. Dunno what he did to it to get 170 - and I highly doubt that's at the wheels.

look he even has a little ///M badge inside the grill... :lol:

·
Registered
204 Posts
That pretty bad i have a friend with a nissan with BMW headlight but i dont think he would go as far as to put on BMW badges

Dee

·
Banned
1,631 Posts
hotani said:
hehehe - looks like a sentra se. has the same engine as my infiniti: 140hp stock. Dunno what he did to it to get 170 - and I highly doubt that's at the wheels.

look he even has a little ///M badge inside the grill... :lol:
Well, everyone knows that an ///M badge is an instant 30HP.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yikes! A transgendered car!
Is it called NMW? Or Bissan?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts