Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to disable the contact "bing bing bing" noise on the 2003 Passat GLS - the noise that comes on when A) your seatbelt is off B) It drops below 40 degs. C) the trunk is open D) Gas is low
It's friggin annoying!!! Can I turn this feature off?

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
A) why is your seatbelt off when it should be on?
B) to warn you that there may be ice
C) why are you driving with your trunk open?
D) Fill up the tank - don't be cheap.

I think a vag-com can play with a few, but those are hazard/safety beeps, they normally don't come on unless it needs to.

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
Wow, Julian has a whole new attitute now that he's supercharged! hehe..

Those beeping sounds are there to warn you of things you need to take note of. Disable at your own risk.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Weird, my 2003 GLS doesn't have a constant "bing-bing" noise when A) B) C) or D). I thought that A) is a 2004 feature? Mine only does a couple of "bing bings" when the ignition is switched on, then it's up to me to click it or ticket.

As for the rest of the warnings, I think they all are pretty useful except D) should make that first "bing" a little bit later. I wouldn't want to disable any of them. And I don't think any of these warnings can even be disabled with VAG-Com or any other easy way. Not as far as I know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
x
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing