Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
in answer to the question on the TC I am going to say yes, but I could be wrong. It wasn't what I would call distinct through all 3 drops more like the first one was subtle and the second two were more clear. from what I've read I should be able to spin it up until the point where its attached to the plate?

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Here are 2 pics from when I replaced my TC in 2009 The 2st shows the new TC and the hole for the ESS with the TC pushed back behind the ESS opening. Your's should match this. When the trans is bolted up, you should have about 1" clearance from the TC to the flexplate (flywheel). The TC would have to be pulled forward to bolt it up. If you have that space, you are fine. If not, the TC will push the front pump back in the middle and ruin it if it's run. The 2nd pic is from the opposite angle and with the old TC, so between them, you can see how it sits a bit better.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That helped alot, I took a picture from the same angle and compared them side by side and it's fine. I didnt realize there was a gap when it attaches to the flex plate but knowing that I'm pretty sure everything is good. Thankyou again, when this is over I'll have to paypal your local bar a drink on me for the help.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts