Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So like the question states - are the Red emblems all made of a vinyl sticker??? If so, that's disappointing - thought it was paint. I bought mine and the sticker is off center... :( Anyway, I worked it off with an X-acto and recentered it so it looks nice - it's also less glossy that I would expect - can I clearcoat the vinyl?

·
Registered
191 Posts
After reading your post I immeadiately went to look at mine (not installed yet). I started to tear off the protective plastic and the red STICKER started to pull off. I thought it was going to be painted. I don't see it lasting too long outside.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hey Ricky..How you been? I bought the Celica GTS badge and cut off the Gand S to get my "T". It looks really neat next to the 1.8 and the red area is surrounded by chrome like material. Did your ever do your "springs" project?

Sam...

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Sam how's it going - I'm hanging in there. Springs - my Eibach Pro-system is coming in the mail soon so I decided to do both.

Take a pic of that T and email it to me I would love to see it.

How's everything with you?

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have a Red T with vinyl sticker on it, i was a little erked when i got it in the mail and saw it was vinyl, but ive had it on my car for months now with not problems. made it through a chicago winter and who knows how many car washes.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ween2004 said:
I was thinking about painting it. Wouldn't the clear coat kind of dull the chrome look of the rest of the T?
I thought I would mask the chrome border and build up the clear on the red part only? Maybe I'm being stupid!

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
I bought the 20V badge from Cullen and it has a vinyl V as well. Its lasted through a New England winter thus far with no problems. I wasn't thrilled when I first got it but I'm pretty happy since.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts