Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today i went to take it for a TEST drive.

The good stuff

Seats
Front bumper
Seats
Wheels are perfect for the car
Seats
Exhaust sound
Steering wheel
Brakes
Interior quality(materials, gauges, aluminum trim, sound system)
Solid as a rock when driven
4 motion
The motor
Did i mention those seats.

The bad stuff.

2 Doors
No HIDs
They want 30k for it

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
If you really do want to get the R32, I'd highly suggest you opt waiting out for another 6-12 months or so. I'm willing to bet VW will have trouble selling them all at msrp (same deal is prob true for the evo and sti).

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
No

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
people are getting them for well under MSRP. And I think as time goes on it will come down more.

I think its worth 27k. I'll buy one when it gets there. ;)

i think black. cloth seats. upgrade to xenons later. :D

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i did test the STI... more power than i would ever need. it sounds nice but drives like a race car which is not good when on the streets. too stiff too loud and nothing refined about that car. did not like it.

The R32 is a pleasure to drive and if they come down on price i will buy it because i had that much fun drinving this thing

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i would not get the cloth seats because i loved the leather so much and xenons will be the only mod i would make to that car

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
have you actually seen the "cloth" seats?

only the inset is cloth, most of the seat is covered with leatherette... which for all intents and purposes is leather.

yeah, xenons would be one of the only upgrades I'd make. That high-riding suspension would have to go. [whine]too bad we didn't get the xenons and suspension from the euro-spec.. :cry: [/whine]

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Considering the state of sales in VWoA currently, I wouldn't be surprised if they started blowing them out in a couple months. If you're seriously interested, hold your horses. It'll come. :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i just got a call back from the dealer they will do 29k with leather cd changer and all weather mats. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea but the changer and mats are not standard on the car. i don't think they this guy will do under 29K

·
Registered
192 Posts
if the dealership has multiple r32's sitting around, then i would wait. if this is the one and only they're getting, its up to you. are there other dealerships you can visit that might have a few? you have a lot more pricing power in that situation compared to a dealership that can sit on it for a while if its their only one.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Filness said:
yea but the changer and mats are not standard on the car. i don't think they this guy will do under 29K
Without the $500 loyalty, mine would have been $29K w/o the changer and mats. If your price is without the loyalty rebate, that is the best price I have ever seen. With the rebate, it is still a very good price. The CD changer is probably around a $300 option. So I think it is still a good price as many are going for MSRP.

Don't lsiten to Cadet X, he is holding out for $24K :crazy:

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
according to edmunds, the invoice is about $27k including dest. charge. Even $1k over invoice would put it at $28k, which is not too shabby.

And no options for me... I'd be happy with the leatherette/cloth and I'll supply my own mp3 player thank you very much. :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
its not because i honestly think that waiting long enough would result in a 24k r32... im saying that to me an r32 isnt worth more than 24k of my money. one man's opinion...

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Although the seats are well bolstered, etc. for a konig, I personally think the seat size is too big and not proportioned to the cabin size of the Golf shell. Take a close long look and you'll see what I mean.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
About this Discussion
45 Replies
14 Participants
chucchinchilla
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing