Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be purchasing my Katzkin interior in about a month and i have a question:
Suedeskin inserts are only $50 more for the whole car than leather, so is it worth it???
What are the benifits of suede over, I guess it wouldnt get as hot, maybe not stick to you in the summer???
I guess this question also pretains to everyone with the S4 Alcantera seats also.
All comments are appreciated.
TIA
Jordan

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Does the suede wear well???

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
what do u mean by that?

·
Retired PassatWorld Staff
6,165 Posts
I'm assuming that the suede inserts are Alcantera(sp?). If so they will wear like steele. Plus you get the benefit of having a material the really grabs the ass.... no sliding around on the leather in hte corners.

That may be what pancreas means by tight.

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
My Alcantera seats are fantastic. I just worry about wearing them out. However, they are softer and cooler than leather. A great investment just a pain in the arse to clean. And they are so unique. I :heart: my seats.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I don't have Katzkin in the Passat but I do in my Truck. Not suede but I do have the perferated inserts and I love the look. One of the main reasons I got leather in my truck (besides the look) is its easy to keep clean.
I don't know much about suede but it seems it would react similar to cloth with a spilled drink.

With the leather, I just wipe up.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The inset is charcoal gray and the outter is graphite.

I have had the Katzkin leather for about a year and they have worn really well - especially with a 3 year old and an infant.

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jdubu81 said:
rollininstyle2004 said:
I think i am leaning more towards the suede now :thumbup:
What do you mean by hard to keep clean???
its hard to clean.. cuz not like the leather you cant just wipe it down... suede and water dont mix...
What if it is raining out :???:
You cant get in the car :???:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
9 Participants
rollininstyle2004
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing