Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone thought it was still worth putting money into modifying a Passat that is not a manual transmission. I know that it reall ymeans performance upgrades are almost useless but I just wanted to know if there was anyone out there who is or did modify a auto passat??:rolleyes: :confused:

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
my tip can hang with the 5speed just fine... well at least 1 5speed passat that i know of(both of us are chipped)

you have a v6 though so any perforamcne mods are almost useless unless you buy a supercharger for that thing $$$.. should have went with the 1.8t if you wanted performance ##

and there are lots of modified TIP's around here:thumbup:

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
I'm very happy with my chipped 1.8T tiptronic -- setting the transmission to "sport mode" and "old shift strategy" helped a lot, too.

If you have the $$$ to supercharge that V6, it'll be a whole different car! :)

·
PassatWorld Staff
12,267 Posts
Yes, it is Honorable to Modify a Passat with a Tip.

Even moreso if you get Level Ten mods for the Tip.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
chips adjust boost, timing, and fueling. on NA cars, only timing and fueling are adjusted. they give only minor gains if you have a v6.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
sure it is...:thumbup:

but dumping thousands of $$$ on mods that exceed the value of the car by multiples is probably not the smartest thing in the world. i'd start with a better platform :)

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I happen to own a modified TIP that IIRC the majority of the members here seemed to have intense feelings of lust in thier hearts for...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts