Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think. Spend money on software and all the other good stuff on the ol' 65k passat or get another car? I love my Passat but I an deciding on cost or performance.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
if you want a little hot rod... buy another car... if you just want to sport up the passat then go with choice number 1!

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
get a DSM...does things are rocket ships

but i would stay VW. but then again you did not specify what you mean by mod? what do you want for perfomance? handling, hp?

i'm pretty happy with mine

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It needs more in the HP department and maybe something else for handling. I would like to see 300 to the wheels (or at least close to) but how much will that run price wise and is it worth investing into that motor and transmission (TIP) in the Passat.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Go get a Pontiac GTO... :p That's what I'm doing next. Get a LS2 400HP corvette engine for $30K new (2005). Or get the LS1 350HP corvette engine for $18-20K used with low miles (2004).

But a GTO and Passat are quite different...

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
If the WRX and EVO aren't one of your choice then I say the Legacy GT. Well................ that's just me. That's probably gonna be my next car.

·
Registered
418 Posts
evilvariant said:
get a DSM...does things are rocket ships

but i would stay VW. but then again you did not specify what you mean by mod? what do you want for perfomance? handling, hp?

i'm pretty happy with mine

what is a DSM?????

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Diamond Star Motor vehicles. old Talons and eclipses with awd. big turbo on those things are cheap and fast.

·
Registered
51 Posts
no love for a 350 Z?? when i can wing it $ wise (and when i'm done modding the 'sat) that will be the next. keeping the b5 too, for as long as she'll run.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Peppy, I am in the same boat as you right now. I also have a tiptronic 5.5 1.8t with most Stage I and II bolt-on's. I'm trying to decide whether or not go with a larger turbo or to sell the car. I want to make my Passat more powerful and sporty, but there isn't much more I can do without dropping major cash. And, worst of all, at the end of the day, it's still a wrong-wheel-drive automatic!

Sometimes, I even have fantasies of my Passat getting totalled. But then again I also sometimes fantasize about killing my family with an axe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts