Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi for a long time i've been wanting a turbo boost gauge but always tought they sold for 175.00.

Today i was at neuspeed website and saw it thier for 27.99.Is that really all this thing costs.

thanks

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
All matters what you are looking for. Those Omori gauges are ridonkulous in pricing. Electrical or mechanical makes a price difference too; with mechanical being less expensive.

The price your quote seems to be a real cheap price. I got mine for about 45 bucks from NewSouthPerformance. They sold a bundle including the T-fitting (reduces interior noise greatly) and steering column pod. Makes for a very slick install; many passengers assume it is stock.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I WENT BACK TO THE NEUSPEED WEBSITE AND THEY SAY THE NYLON VDB TUBING KIT IS SOLD SEPERATLY.

HOW MUCH IS THIS TUBING KIT WORTH.

THANKS

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I would recommend buying a kit. Get all you need at once -in one package- necessary for the total install.

Determine where you want to place it within the cabin as there are kits being sold packaged with the pods as well. A column mount , steering column, DIN. Search the forum for more ideas.

·
Registered
519 Posts
www.egauges.com has everything you need for gauge installation w/ fair prices.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
if you know where to look, vacuum tubing is about US$5-10 for lengths ranging from 3-10 feet.

T-fittings are easy (most hardware stores), but T-fittings with a flow restrictor in them keep VDO gauges from buzzing are a little tough. probably US$3 for one of those from a place lie NewSouthPerf or 42nd Draft Designs.

If you don't like cobbling all of the parts together, definitely get yourself a kit.

·
Registered
745 Posts
well, i got a brand new VDO boost gauge with the tubing already for 15$ on ebay... Didnt instal it yet but looks good! I was lucky, no one bid on it, i was the only one but for 20 shipped with tubing is pretty nice...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts