Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my 2022 R Line for about two weeks. My horn(s) can barely be heard from inside the car when on the road. I’ve owned motorcycles with louder horns. Does this vehicle have one or two horns? Is there a high and a low horn?

Second issue, I continue to get a key not detected message on the dash. It doesn’t matter which key fob I use or where the keys are kept in the car while driving. Yes, both batteries are good. Sometimes I have trouble locking the vehicle, I have to walk around until a signal is detected.

can anyone offer any insight, thanks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm told my 2018 SEL's horn sounds like the Horn of an 18 wheeler, very loud, so something is up with your horn.
Moreover, take advantage of the your new car warranty and take your concerns especially about the key fob to the dealer to straighten out. My key fob works to lock, unlock, and auto start from a few hundred feet away.
Good luck,

·
Super Moderator
14,103 Posts
The key detection issue could be a disconnected or pinched KESSY antenna underneath the car. If it works more reliably from the pasenger side or rear, it's a good bet that that is whats going on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The key detection issue could be a disconnected or pinched KESSY antenna underneath the car. If it works more reliably from the pasenger side or rear, it's a good bet that that is whats going on.
I appreciate the response. Would you happpen to know where the antennnas are located in a 2022 Passat? Door handles, rear bumper?

·
Registered
Blue 2020 Passat
30 Posts
I might be missing something here, but it's a 2022 - why not take it to a dealer?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I might be missing something here, but it's a 2022 - why not take it to a dealer?
No, I don't think you're missing anything. I commute out of town daily and our prefered VW dealer is nowhere close to our house. It's basically just something I'll need to take a day off for. Rest assured I will get it taken care of.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts