Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in WA, is a missing or euro front plates a big ticket ? thinking of getting euro plates with my number on them. Anyone had a problem with that ?

Thanks

·
Registered
168 Posts
ya all depends on what state you reside. in Fla i have nothing but bumper and BUGS :)

:lol:

ganx14
2003 glx v6 30v
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Ganx14 said:
ya all depends on what state you reside. in Fla i have nothing but bumper and BUGS :)

:lol:

ganx14
2003 glx v6 30v
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Hehe, is it love bug season in FL yet? Hate that! :mad:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Here in MD the fine is $50 and it's a non-moving violation, so if you're fine with paying it, it won't hurt your insurance rate.

On my old 93 GLX I refused to drill holes in my front bumper cover and got dinged for no less than $150 total for not having a front plate.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Yes, in Washington state, you have to have the front license plate on, even since they took the front tabs off, but.........................................i don't have mine on, in 3 years :thumbup: .

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
In CA it's a fix-it ticket, but I've never gotten hasseled. I heard they mainly want them for lioght pixs, and when cops tag you with radar guns they aim for a flat spot on the front (lic.) to bounce the laser off of.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Curry said:
In CA it's a fix-it ticket, but I've never gotten hasseled. I heard they mainly want them for lioght pixs, and when cops tag you with radar guns they aim for a flat spot on the front (lic.) to bounce the laser off of.
So you are saying that the cops only care for the speed traps, and not for safety?!?!?! NO WAY!!!!!! :shock: :shock:

/sarcasm

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have a brother-in-law who is a Seattle area cop. He will stop a car for no front plates, but usually gives a warning. Not sure what the fine is?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
12 Participants
Barnacle-Billy
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing