Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Just a warning.

IBTM......your going to get all kinds of members to tell you to use a baseball bat and a hair dryer. :crazy: I'm sure it works, but I would think that any shop that's worth a salt could do it.

Jason

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
One vote for the baseball bat :lol: :lol: :lol:

In all seriousness though, not too many shops have the special rolling tool you need. I know some who just get a bunch of guys together, rent the rolling tool needed, and split the cost.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Baseball bat method is obviously the most cost effective. I rolled a fellow cb5 member's fender in the scorching heat of Dubwars in just a few minutes. you can hate on that, but whatevers.

EF1 Motorsports has the cool fender roller thing. Call up the man Fabrizio to get an appointment.

www.ef1motorsports.net

Also instead of rolling the fenders you can actually just cut that lip off. Give Miguel at MOB Works a call. He does great work. He's painting my hood now as we speak. He's in Anaheim.

www.mobworks.com

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
schmove said:
Baseball bat method is obviously the most cost effective. I rolled a fellow cb5 member's fender in the scorching heat of Dubwars in just a few minutes. you can hate on that, but whatevers.

EF1 Motorsports has the cool fender roller thing. Call up the man Fabrizio to get an appointment.

www.ef1motorsports.net

Also instead of rolling the fenders you can actually just cut that lip off. Give Miguel at MOB Works a call. He does great work. He's painting my hood now as we speak. He's in Anaheim.

www.mobworks.com
Did you do fenders for b5-turbonium(Ian). Instead of cutting a lip you can just bend it? Also can you give plz. some more info. about MOB. How is prices? Also what is more effective way I'll show the pic I have 19 that goes under the fenders. And its rubbing.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thumber said:
Just a warning.

IBTM......your going to get all kinds of members to tell you to use a baseball bat and a hair dryer. :crazy: I'm sure it works, but I would think that any shop that's worth a salt could do it.

Jason
Thanks for the warning, too bad I dont have a pic. of Jetta with a ghetto rolled fenders. Poor guy he had to replace fenders :lol:

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
I rolled the fenders for both b5-turbonium (Ian) and C'S1.8T (Cesar). Both rubbed hard since they were both rollin on 19's. After I rolled them rubbing went away. If you don't know how to do it then you'll F it up.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
schmove said:
I rolled the fenders for both b5-turbonium (Ian) and C'S1.8T (Cesar). Both rubbed hard since they were both rollin on 19's. After I rolled them rubbing went away. If you don't know how to do it then you'll F it up.
It happened to me too. Right now its rubbing but not as bad as Ian's car when he had his Amg wheels. Its only rubbing when I am driving on the freeway or on a street and when I get into a bump or a dip. So I am thinking to either make it more stiff since now it's 80%stiff and roll the fenders or raise the car a little bit?

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
schmove said:
No hate here, I guess my point was if you hadn't done it before the cheaper alternative(baseball bat) may sound do able. Then they'd screw up their fenders.

:kiss:

·
Salty Moderation Stylez
12,663 Posts
I have rolled a ton of fenders in my time. Probably because everything I touch gets Slammed ;)

I almost always do it with a baseball bat. I find it is actually easier than the true fender rolling tool, which I have used a few times too.

My .02

1 - 15 of 15 Posts