Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to order an exhause this week and was wondering if the high flow cat is worth it to get. It runs anothe $500 so I really don't want to spend the money if I won't get the gains from it.

I am getting chipped with new DV next Saturday, but that is it as far as mods go.

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
$500 for a high flow cat is a rip off, where are you getting it from?

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
I am going to order an exhause this week and was wondering if the high flow cat is worth it to get. It runs anothe $500 so I really don't want to spend the money if I won't get the gains from it.

I am getting chipped with new DV next Saturday, but that is it as far as mods go.
$500.00 is quite expensive for a high-flow catalytic converter. If your original cats are in good shape then don't waste your money, but if they need to be replaced go with a Magnaflow Catalytic Converter Part#: 22935. This unit runs about $200.00US and is OBDII compliant and a direct-fit for 1.8T Passats. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I've had good luck with Magnaflow high flow cats in the past.
It won't give you as much gain as the exhaust. Modern cats are pretty free flowing. But at $200 it's not a bad idea.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Looks a lot like the Randon Tech cat, although it's easy for external appearances to be decieving on this item.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts