Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Depends on the tires you pick, and how wide the wheel is. :)

·
Registered
696 Posts
Its best to stick to the stock offset (35)

Any other offset will put additional stress on the wheel bearings and could damage other suspension components in the long term (control arms)

Stay as close to 35 as possible

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
if you want ofset 38mm and your stock offset is 35mm (like F.Monger said) than you will actually "push" rim "inside" of arch. Rule is; smaller number in mm wider you go out, bigger number in mm narrower you go( "in")

B5 have offset 45mm, so on pic you can see B5 with 30mm offset i.e. 15mm wider track per side.

If you have B5.5 like F.Monger is implying than for you is good 32mm or 30mm (3-5mm wider track will do nothing to harm your car)

Again, what is yours rim width (rims that you want to put), this is starting point.Offset is measured from mid part of rim width.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
F. Monger said:
Its best to stick to the stock offset (35)

Any other offset will put additional stress on the wheel bearings and could damage other suspension components in the long term (control arms)

Stay as close to 35 as possible
Stock offset is 37mm on my car. My 18"s are 38mm. Staying within 35-40mm is fine. So his 38mm offset is perfect for a B5.5

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
On my '99 B5 Wagon V6,4Mo Oe rims are 16" Montreal with offset 45mm and I put Zender 17"x8,5" with 35mm offset.
This is best I could choose for you to see 35mm offset on my car

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
Nenad
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing