Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's what I'm thinking. Please tell me what you think.

I can connect my IPOD to my HU using the Belkin car charger and a RCA to Mini-Jack. I don't want any wires showing so this is what I came up with. I will sink the IPOD into my center console armrest and run the Belkin charger through the armrest pad down into the console. I will then tap an extra accessory outlet into the console cig lighter. Plug the Belkin charger into the extra accessory outlet, run the RCA to Mini into the HU brain box which is under the passenger seat. I decided to maybe put the IPOD in the armrest b/c it's convienent for me and it allows the people riding in the back to control the music if they want to, just flip the armrest back and that's it. Does this sound like a good idea. I'm looking forward to your feedback.

·
Registered
1 Posts
here is what I am thinking. I'm not too hyped on cutting holes in things.
My idea for my B5.5: When I upgrade to the 3rd generation or Mini Ipod i am going to buy the desktop dock and make a mold out of the shoe part and mold the ashtray as well. Hopefully put the two together and hook it up with that IceLink joint (suggestions?). So the dock will be hidden until you flip up the lid for the ashtray. Nice and clean steez.
The only thing I'm worried about is the ipod getting in the way of the heater controls. Actually, no, I rarely use either the heater or the A/C anyhow.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The iPod in the armrest would require some care in cutting and finishing to make it look good, but there is room in the armrest area for the power wiring. On my install I just used the cord from the belkin power adapter and hard wired it to the rear power plug

I did the dock in the ashtray approach
http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=85170&highlight=ipod+ashtray
The iPod is about 1cm away from the A/C button.

Keep us informed on prgress with the armrest idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.