Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad was a dirtbiker when he was younger (AKA my age) and he's considering getting back into it for fun. Now we've occasionally looked in classified ads, online, etc. for used bikes cuz we don't want to go all out in getting stuff. He knows his way around bikes pretty well as far as I can tell, so I think inspecting used ones won't be much of a problem.

However, the problem is FINDING them. We're trying to get 2 bikes, 1 for each of us, for probably under $1500 a piece. This is a really low budget, but we don't have money to blow and it's not a priority for us. However, when I was at PepBoys getting a clay bar (which didn't work out too well....) we saw one of their cheap dirtbikes for $1000 BRAND NEW. Here's a link to it on the website.

http://www.pepboys.com/transportation/dirtbike-minibike/9274819_06073-db.html

Is this thing cheesy? Would it work for occasional dirtbiking? What do you have to say?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And that's the one thing I can't keep him away from....new bike for $1K, instead of a 10-15 year old bike for $1K. Maybe I'll convince him to either put a good chunk of $$$ down or else forget about it....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.