Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put on the FK rear exhaust and I'm freakin....are they too much? Are they too big? Is it just me? Is it the same as when I lowered it and it took a couple of days for me to really dig it? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crazy:
Michael

·
Registered
745 Posts
Cut it and it will be much nicer looking. It does look kinda big but i am sure it will look much better with the cut in the valence. You dont need the zender piece... Sometimes it looks better without it. Ive seen some nice B5s in this forum that just have the cut
good luck..

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I think it looks good, just cut the valence like suggested. You should come out to the GTGs in Richmond. I would really like to see this car in person!
-Lelo :bow:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Leloz said:
I think it looks good, just cut the valence like suggested. You should come out to the GTGs in Richmond. I would really like to see this car in person!
-Lelo :bow:
Lelo, I've been to a few. Do you come up for them? I will be doing more now that the weather is getting better.

Does anyone know where I can get the Zender piece? Thanks.
Michael

·
Registered
177 Posts
NO, its not to big..............they're smaller than mine! :lol: Now I get the feeling mine are to big! I need to cut my valance also. Unfortunately I've already painted it, now I'll have to repaint it unless there some sort of magical way to cut it without ruining the paint!

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
just like the other suggested :thumbup: , and sorry, i do not know the link for the zender piece, let me know when you find out, great car by the way :thumbup:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well damn. The Zender piece will not work. The inside area is 6.5" wide. These pipes are 7.5" wide. So it looks like I have to cut. Anyone have suggestions? I have most tools, I just want to make sure it looks professional. Is it just the outer valence that needs cutting or is there more to it?
Thanks.
Michael

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
veedubyo said:
HWmike. you're the first one to get an FK exhaust. Please write up a review. How loud does it sound expecially while cruising?
He he...well, this was the FK deal a while back, I was told "Sure, it'll fit the V6." Not. Anyway, I figured I'd at least be able to use half of it. Not. So I had the just the rear muffler/tips section added. Very very quiet. But I can still notice some grunt when I get on it. Cruising is like stock. The stock exhaust was dead silent. This has some sound when you put your foot in it. Now I will try to find a sport resonator, and the hi flo cats and see if that doesn't give me the sound I'm looking for.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts