Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,207 Posts
My breather hose and T-housing leading to PCV are jacked up atm. Idling extremely rough compared to before (when just the breather hose was separated), and I've noticed same when coasting to a stop light.

There's a diagram in my thread, not sure how similar AUG is to AWM: http://www.passatworld.com/forums/4...-codes-p0303-p1136-diagnosis.html#post2845954 #2 was completely broken off the rubber T-housing it connects to...which was somewhat rough idle, now that I tried getting the T off it's much worse. Worth a peak, have to lean over the engine and look between gaps in the mani to see it.

VAGguy: How big of a detriment is driving the car with those breather hoses leaking to the point of very rough idle?

· Registered
1,207 Posts
VAGguy, PCV is certainly my problem - are you saying I should clamp that breather hose until I get PCV valve and hoses swapped out? Umm, zip ties or what? Seems vice grips are pretty risky.

wahoo, I'd say definitely investigate other PCV breather hoses down low if 13 was split up top. Even with that tube (plastic, not rubber) cracked and separating, CEL was intermittent - would stay off for couple weeks at a time.

· Registered
1,207 Posts
Well, I have the parts...swapping them out is easier said than done. That rubber T-housing is melted onto the f&#%ing pipe! Didn't even think to just try and cut it out, taking a box cutter to it this Saturday.

In the meantime, think I'll try a screw-on clamp to pinch off the section of hose coming right off manifold (think it's #10 in diagram, can't view from work). Don't really care if I damage, have replacement for that too.

Edit: Actually, could I just put new one on and stuff something in the other end for the time being? Have some extra check valves, maybe turn one the wrong way so air doesn't pass through?

· Registered
1,207 Posts
Edit: Actually, could I just put new one on and stuff something in the other end for the time being? Have some extra check valves, maybe turn one the wrong way so air doesn't pass through?
FYI, this seems to have worked pretty well. Installed new hose coming off manifold, put check valve on other end the wrong way so air doesn't pass through. Didn't realize how bad the idle had gotten, feels 10x better after doing this - hope it holds for a few days until weekend.

Sorry for threadjacking btw, mods pls transfer to my thread if needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.