Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 B5.5 1.9D estate
So I just replaced a completely flat battery (no immobiliser, no clock on dash) after not driving since March.

When I took it on a quick run to keep everything moving the "driver's door open" and "luggage compartment open" warnings are flickering on and off intermittently, sometimes multiple times a second! They're not open. Now it won't stay locked because it thinks the door or tailgate are being opened!

I had this issue around 4 years ago, and found a damp but not flooded CCM at the time. I can't remember what changed to fix it the issue last time, but I know I spent a ton of time pulling door panels off and on to investigate microswitches, etc. I don't want to do that again without some idea of what could be causing the problem.

It seems too coincidental* that it's occurred right after changing the battery, and it's not been raining much, so I highly doubt it's water in the footwell around the CCM.

Any ideas?? Could I have knocked something in the engine bay while changing the battery?

*Unless it was a interior light on that drained the battery in the first place, but the alarm hasn't gone off until I put the new battery in.

·
Registered
9,020 Posts
Some possibilities:
1. Door open switch, the one in the door lock with red and blue wires connected.
2. Broken wire in the boot between the door and A pillar.
3. CCM and/or its wiring harness. You may need to unwrap the harness and check/repair all splices.

Do a full scan of all modules, and post results.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts