Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
The first piece is called the radio bezel. I think it is quite different depending on model year so be careful when ordering to be sure to get the right type.

The second piece is just a door handle trim. These are easier to find. I'd try ebay to start. Search for 'black passat door handle trim' or something similar.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You didn't understand what I was trying to ask :) , or I asked the question wrong. I was wondering whats the color of the trim called, because the only ones I could find are black, silver, beige and wood imitation trims.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Got it ;)
There is a very dark grey interior color called Anthracite so you may want to check into that as well. The VW parts store at Jim Ellis VW seems to lump them all together so good luck!
Volkswagen Passat Black/anthracite net optic - 1J0858607E 2B9 | Jim Ellis Volkswagen, Atlanta GA

Now that I think about it some more....I think the interior trim color should be listed on a sticker in near the spare tire along with the exterior paint code, etc. You may want to start there.

·
Moderator/Administrator
26,028 Posts
Net Optic is the name of the trim pieces in the pictures (radio bezel/surround, door handles, ashtray lid....etc)

·
PassatWorld Elder
27,961 Posts
Many people also strip and clear coat the Net Optic for the metallic look. You can sell the old trim if you decide to buy new trim. I prefer the Net Optic, but it was never an option in the US.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.