Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any problems with their interior peeling? :mad: :cry: Around the shifter box sides and the back part of the armrest on B5.5's or otherwise? Mine is an '03. 8) Does anyone know if that falls under the warranty? :???:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
mine has peeled on the interior door handle :(

·
Registered
55 Posts
I also have peeling on the interior door handle/arm rest peice that is used to pull the door shut. Can a replacement peice be bought I wonder?? Probably costs out the nose. :mad:

·
Registered
556 Posts
If its under warranty still, I would definitely take it to the dealer. I'm going on 4 years with my 2000 B5 and my interior is in mint condition.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
mine is a 2002 and its peeling on the side of the shifter as well. I dont know what caused it. If it is under warranty I will bring it in.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have the same problem on the door handle. I just noticed it a few days ago. My car is 2001.5. Has anyone tried to get it replace under warranty??

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have a 2002 and mine was peeling from the door handle pull, where the electric buttons are located on the driver's side. I took it to my dealer and they said no, it is not covered under warranty.

Then I took it to another dealer, and they happily fixed it under warranty.

My advice to you is that if one dealership says it is not covered, try another one until you find one who will do it. Good Luck!

·
Registered
869 Posts
This peeling on the door handle doesn't seem like it appeared until the facelift. My door handle has chips and scratches, which is to be expected from such soft plastic, but absolutely NO peeling. 2000 GLS.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Blue A said:
I also have peeling on the interior door handle/arm rest peice that is used to pull the door shut. Can a replacement peice be bought I wonder?? Probably costs out the nose. :mad:

Actually, it isn't that expensive. I have a beige interior and replaced the driver side pull, passenger side pull, and both rear pulls with ones from a black interior for about $25.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts