Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i changed the lock in the rear passenger door as i had the problem where it would not always lock properly. Now the car locks fine. However 2 issues have occured.

1. The door sometime sticks when i pull on the exterior handle and doesn't open causing me to use the interior handle to open it. I can live with this and i assume i just need ot re-postion the cable that pulls the lock open on the outside handle.

2. The interior light stays on in the car even though the door is shut. The door is clearly shut so why is this? Do I have another faulty lock mechanism?:banghead:
Is there a simple way to disable this door from the light mechanism without affecting the alarm or locking? I hardly use this door anyway so could live without it tunring the lights on when it's open.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
There's probably a short somewhere, or you pulled a wire loose... etc.
Why don't you try temporarily disconnecting the wiring harness?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Surely then the central locking wont work? I only want to disable the lights from that 1 door?

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you figure urs out please let me know...mine is a 98 and only my pass rear door turns on my lights and i cant figure out how to fix the other doors...maybe when you find out how to turn yours off i can use it to turn mine on....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anybody found a solution to this? My '00 B5 Tdi has just suddenly developed this exact problem. There was no precipitating incident, the light just stayed on one evening after the rear pax door was closed. Help!

·
Registered
581 Posts
I thing there might be something related to the driver´s door central door module. It has a 6 soldiers on it; maybe some of them act in the rear doors.

·
Lisa Simpson
15,043 Posts
Solder joints. Duh....

The microswitch is not contacting. Or the wire that receives the contact info is not good.

Yes, just loosen the lock actuator assembly and wiggle it around until it works. I have the same problem with mine, repeated pulls usually get the job done.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well it turned out the lock module i fitted had a bad microswitch. I removed the lock for a second time and switched the dodgy microswitch on the new (well 2nd hand new :)) lock module for one on the lock I had removed. All working fine now. But what a pain in the ass............ guess i shouldn't be so tight and should buy brand new lock modules next time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts