Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After turning the car off the interior lights, such as the P R N D 4 3 2, the lights on the window buttons, and the clock all stay on. I put in a battery cut off switch to temporarily stop the battery from draining but I don't want to have to open the hood every night and morning to disconnect and reconnect the battery. Would this be a problem caused by a bad door switch? Could it have to do with the CCM? all of the other electrical functions of the car seem to work well.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Probably a bad headlight switch. With the switch in the off position, press in on the dial, turn it to the right (it will only go a little bit), and while holding it to the right, pull the switch straight out. Unplug the switch and see if the lights go out.

It might be an issue with the CCM or the splices in it's harness, but the HL switch is more likely to be the issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The switch seems to be the problem. I haven't tried pulling it out but if I turn it to a certain position all the lights will go out. I ordered a new one so hopefully that will fix the problem. Thanks again

·
Registered
11 Posts
The switch seems to be the problem. I haven't tried pulling it out but if I turn it to a certain position all the lights will go out. I ordered a new one so hopefully that will fix the problem. Thanks again
I know it's a super old thread but did the headlight switch fix the problem? My b5.5 passat 2003 is having a similar problem. My driverside door lights (sideview mirror, windows up/down, lock/unlock, and fuel door/trunk) stay on 24/7. I disconnected the headlight switch as well as dimmer switch and they still stay on.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
The lights on the switches on each door are powered and controlled by the door control module, which is part of the window motor. It houses a Canbus I/O module that monitors and controls nearly everything on the door. There are no separate wires for lights crossing the door hinges.

Assuming the other functions, such as control of the other windows, opposite mirror, etc, work (since these rely on Canbus communication working), then you'll need to replace the door control module. The drivers door differs from the others (more input & output points). Be sure to get the correct part number; there are a couple to chose from depending on trim level, but it should be a readily available junkyard part.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts