Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, a new VW owner. Never had one and I'm thrilled with the car.
03 Passat B5.5 18T manual 120kmiles.

Interior rubber seal that meets the front pillars, and then headliner, all around my vehicle, has a 4 or 5mm gap between the rubber seal all around the interior of the car. I was thinking the car's been sitting on hot days and it warped, deformed, or am I looking for a new interior seals?

I tried searching everywhere and couldn't find anything.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you in advance

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Previous to your ownership the gasket might have been removed and not reinstalled properly. Try using your hand or rubber mallet and tap the gasket in place.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
It's a feature designed in by the factory engineers for people (like me) who keep their cars >12 yrs. Kind of a "replace these heat-aged parts or risk your interior beginning to look like ****" design feature. The 2001 and later facelift Passats have it worse than the earlier non-facelift models...must've been one of those "improvements" (that really wasn't) on the new at the time models.

Here's a thread by Passat2.8 asking about the same thing.

I wouldn't think of replacing them...they're probably no less than ~$95-120 per door to replace, since a portion of the seal has headliner fabric applied, so there's even a color code to jack that stealership price up just a little more... :banghead:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wore a pair of clean gloves and tried to tap it better in place but no luck. I'll take some pictures and post back

·
Registered
655 Posts
I happen to have a complete set in great condition in my garage that I would be willing to part with. I picked them up earlier this year, and I decided to not use them. I will take $100 shipped. If anyone is interested, please send me a PM.

·
I wish I wasn't witless
2,256 Posts
I ended up having the pillars and headliner refinished, he made it so the gap is no longer there....that was my fix. Note that the front drivers side in light beige in NLA, but the others are still available new-not sure about black and/or grey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I happen to have a complete set in great condition in my garage that I would be willing to part with. I picked them up earlier this year, and I decided to not use them. I will take $100 shipped. If anyone is interested, please send me a PM.
What color? Can you pm or post some pics? I'm interested....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts