Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Lisa Simpson
15,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got our refund last week, and it was more than I expected to get. :crazy: By over $100.

We get a letter today that goes on about the child tax credit and how we already got money back last year in the middle fo the year, etc. I figured we had gotten all we were going to get, so I did not take any more credit on my return. It read like a form letter, so I halfheartedly flipped it over to look at the back, where I found a table with all of our numbers on it, along with the new IRS numbers.

I was wrong. Apparently we were supposed to take more credit than we did, and the IRS kindly took it for us and applied it to our bill! :shock: They gave us money!

The letter was hysterical in context of our situation. It made no mention of our situation (g'mt owes us), just the opposite one where we would owe the government money.

I'll be. The IRS is honest. :suspicio: :bow:

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
They gave money halfway through the year based upon your credit, just to be ahead of the game before you file your 2003 tax return. This was so that you could spend money (on mods) and boost the economy. Its been pretty normal for awhile now. Congrats!

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
powerslide23 said:
Congratulations, you got a refund. I had to pay on top of what was already taken out of my paycheck. :cry: I don't want to give numbers but it was a good sum. :(
I always have to pay additional. I make decent money, I'm not married and have no kids. Glad to see the ones that do are getting an even bigger tax break then they were before. :roll:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts