Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this was ever posted here, but it's really interesting, and this girl biker relates the facts well.

It's kind of entertaining, but very sobering....enjoy.

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/

-Speed[/url]

·
Registered
490 Posts
This link is worth the time to read and look at the pictures. Hundreds of thousands of people killed by this accident....Incredible!!! I was not aware of the extent of damage to the surrounding area. This was a real eye opener for me.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
That's just about the most disturbing thing I've ever read or seen. :(

It's like a snapshot from James Morrow's book "This is the way the World Ends." For even more effect, put a copy of Peter Gabriel's "Red Rain" on the cd player while you browse the website...

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
:shock:

wow. wow. once more, wow. anybody who doesn't take the time to go through all chapters of this link (27 I think) is doing themselves a great disservice.

i was 10 when this happened. too young to fully understand but old enough to realize the gravity of the situation.

wow...what a link. that girl has bigger balls than me!

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
That's somehting else... really amazing. The only thing I really remember about about Chernobyl was sitting in my Grandmother's kitchen hearing about it on the nightly news, and reading about it in National Geographic when I was around 11.

The image she paints of the people staring in awe at the glowing clouds above the reactor really strikes a nerve, like a hand, omnipotent, fearsome and magical, reached out and . .. . . Oh how mighty we are. :(

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
A very moving exhibit of photos and memories. I don't know that I'd have the nerve to travel through that area like she did. Incredible.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Yep, all these things are so true!!!!!!!!
I was in Greece when that happen.....and I remeber the news where telling us not to eat fresh vegetables....for couple of months.....
And from what I know in that area the deaths due to "cancer" has increased by 60-70%...... and there is also "weird" births... due to radiation...

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
I remember that day. I was 7, and back in Poland. Noone told anything like for 2 days or so, but my aunt was a pediatrist for party people's children. They get the Dr. Rugov (sp?) vaccination that day. She called my mom and gave it to my sister and me too.
I saw a movie about the defect births and animals there coupl eyears back. They shoot a wolf, there were two hearts, and some weird organs in it....

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
XedoS69 said:
I remember that day. I was 7, and back in Poland. Noone told anything like for 2 days or so, but my aunt was a pediatrist for party people's children. They get the Dr. Rugov (sp?) vaccination that day. She called my mom and gave it to my sister and me too.
I saw a movie about the defect births and animals there coupl eyears back. They shoot a wolf, there were two hearts, and some weird organs in it....
Not to mension....many many other weird creatures...

Did you have to drink that.....disgusting medicine??? That was :puke: .........but we had to do it.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
From what I hear there is a Nuclear power plant...somewhere in Bulgari a I think that is miising critical safety...and Bulgarian gov. asking funds from EU in order to update it!!!!!!!!! I think the name is Koslodoui or something....

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Wow, that's amazing, although i am too young to remember that actually occuring, that's a truely sad story. I would be too terrified to walk through those streets, it would remind me too much of 28 days later. :nervous:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
26 Participants
Rabbit
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing