Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anny one with a front mount intercooler had dimensions they could give me(hight,with,thickness).I have a friend that has a core that Im hoping Ill be able to make fit with some custom end tanks.I searched but couldnt find anny thing :???:

Thanks in advance
Rafael

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
That's a hard question to answer quickly. There are a few different factors to think about. But if I had an ideal core size to fit behind the stock front bumper cover of my Passat it would be a core that is between 13 to 18" long, 8 or 9" tall and a thickness of 2 to 2.5". With the right end tanks and tubing. That one would be a great fit. But then again, what turbo will you be pushing the air with? Too large of an IC and the little K03 has a heck of a time filling it up. Too small and it doesn't work well (read: stock SMIC).

I'm looking at getting a new one for my car soon and the core dimmensions are 17 x 9 x 2 with 2" OD in and out tubes. 8) 8) :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
candywhiteB5 -- welcome to the club!

You have an infamous screen name: there was a "candyweiBpassat" (candy white passat) that many of the old timers will remember. Expect a little slack from some people over the name - especially in the Off-Topic forum.

No idea on the FMIC dimensions... good luck. :thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
pete1
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing