Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have had a problem with my APR 91 chip from the beginning. I have been waiting on them to make a special program for my car they told me they were making. I called last week about this program and was told they had no information about me or my car. Fine, no problem I am fine with this so just gather my info from all the e-mails I have sent you and then go from there... we don't have any e-mails from you! Ok, fine what do you need could you VAG it again and resend it to us. No VAG-COM, no Dyno runs, and no info I have e-mailed them many many times. Fine, I will do it all over yet again. So, they call and ask if I have ever had the intake checked for leaks, of course I have, but they want me to do it again. I took it someplace last time that now is out of business so I have to fine someplace or do it myself.

Is this something I can do myself or do I need special? Is there a way for me to check the whole system from the turbo all the way to the intake valves?

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
Should be able to charge the system using compressed air(air compressor), just make a puck to fit in the TIP and have a air compressor conection. Charge and listen for leaks. HTH

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
Purple has it. Go to your local hardware store and find the proper diameter "pipe cap". It's made of rubber and has a hose clamp. Thenn find a bike intertube, cut out the valve but leave some material for the silicone.

Now poke a hole in the cap, slip the bike valve from behind and slather on silicone to ensure it won't leak.

I used this for a leakdown test on my FMIC. good thing because I found 4 leaks in the first unit! zero on the 2nd.

good luck.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Just make sure you don't go too high with pressure with the compressor. A safe pressure would be someplace between 10 - 20 PSI. I am sure you can go more, but I am hesitant about going higher pressure than my own turbo can produce!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts