Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to upgrade my Intake and exhaust for my passat but have had trouble finding stores/manufacturers on-line. Please help with links to sites and recommendations for specific retailers/manafactures. Thanks.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Don't waste your money on a CAI you're not going to gain any power from it and you may even loose power. The intake on the Passat is already very good, I should know i did a number of tests on engine and airbox temps. Once cruising temps inside the airbox are the same as ambient temps.

As far as the exhaust is concerned you could go larger diameter pipe or even replace the resi and rear box with straight thru designs.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Try this:
no matter what people said,at least this model,is making diff in performance and definetly not on bed part.

http://www.westcoastspeed.com/ProductSearch.serv?categoryID=301
this is part of e-mail that our member Geri Rischawy sent me after making measures, he will also send post on forum, as well.
"Yes, BMC is realy fantastic! As I said, never had such good amounts on
MAF. You have to know that with the OEM Intake you wont have more then 145-150mg/H at high REVs (measured at two differnet OEM V6s). With the K&N Kone by best ever was a 164mg/H, now I can reach this amount in even low REVs when accelerating. By best amount now is 174mg/H - and this with my old MAF Sensor (the newer one is still on K&N Cone, will change soon). And Airintake-temperature is nearly like outside Temp, only 1 or 2 Deg higher. With OEM Intake you will have about 5 Deg higher Temp than outside. With K&N the Temp was at high Revs about 15 Deg higher than outside. I was told that a decrease of 10 Deg results in a plus of 3% more Power.....*ggg* In this case OEM Intake is not sooo bad." Props to Geri

Regarding Exaust I would recommend Remus. both of those you can find in West Coast Speed (see above) give a call to David Flash over there he can give you nice offers.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Check out Brullen for the exhaust. I'm pretty sure its cheaper than Remus and it looks nice and sounds awesome. As for gains, it sure feels like it but my VAG-COM dyno tells me otherwise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts