Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good18t hooked me up with the OEM chrome grill for the B5 from China to pop on my B5 here in Aussie, and he mentioned that I need to make some cuts for it to fit. I was wondering if you guys knew exactly what cuts as I dont have the car here at the moment but want to prepare the grill.

Heres the old and new grill, it differs a lot so there are a lot of possibilities to cut and i just dont wanna cut away something I shouldnt.

Old:

New:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
There are those two clips that you are talking about that just don't clip in - leave it. I've had the grille on for like more than half a year since I got it from HKB5variant (used to be on his) and it's been no probs at all.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The problem seems to be that the bottom slots or whatever you want to call it that the grill clips into have warn out a little and are not as snug. So I either have to replace that part or get some double sided tape. :thumbdow:

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
Rukas said:
Good18t hooked me up with the OEM chrome grill for the B5 from China to pop on my B5 here in Aussie, and he mentioned that I need to make some cuts for it to fit. I was wondering if you guys knew exactly what cuts as I dont have the car here at the moment but want to prepare the grill.

Heres the old and new grill, it differs a lot so there are a lot of possibilities to cut and i just dont wanna cut away something I shouldnt.

Old:

New:
What am i looking at? it looks like a building structure.
can you take a picture from further away.?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
7 Participants
Rukas
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing