Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so today is the big day, i have the brake pads, got new 6 ton jack stands, rented the caliper retractor tool from pepboys, got brake quiet. I last question.
Today I am installing the pads. I bought brake quiet, and borrowed a pistion retractor tool from pepboys. My one question is, the website says there is an integrated shim in the pad already. If this is true, can i use it, do i need a new one, and if there is already a shim what do I do about the brake quiet.

also, do you know if i can re-use the shim from my existing brake pads?

one last question ... the bently says I must adjust the parking brake cable after doing my rear brake pads. Is this true?

TIA
It would be really helpful if i could have answers before 1:00, becuase thats when I plan on doing this,
--Jeff

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where is the shim, what does it look like, how do i remove the shim from the brake pad :???: if anyone has pics i would be forever greatful, because i am really confused about this right now

·
Registered
418 Posts
jeffsu350 said:
where is the shim, what does it look like, how do i remove the shim from the brake pad :???: if anyone has pics i would be forever greatful, because i am really confused about this right now
Well I have the PBR/Axis Metal Masters which supposedly come with shims. To be honest, I did notice a shim but I did not know what to look for. I have had them on for over two weeks now and not a peep from those pads. Oh and by the way, I got the spray on brake quiet that is sold at AutoZone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
passnatl
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing