Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read about this topic numerous times here the last couple of weeks. Installed the J valve on Monday and :D . Feels like I got chipped all over again. Here are my particulars:

'02 Tip
GIAC
K&N
TT 2.5" DP and exhaust
Stock DV (still, chipped for approx. 18,000 miles)

Before the J valve I would spike around 17-18. I now spike around 21-22 (ave. temp has been low to mid 30's) and haven't gone limp yet. Holds boost a little longer. Previously I was holding around 11 but now it's around 14 before it drops off in the upper RPM range. Overall it seems smoother and seems to have a better and more sustained kick to it.

If one happens to go into limp mode, how would one resolve it? Other than installing the overboost kit.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
MikeVW said:
...I now spike around 21-22 (ave. temp has been low to mid 30's) and haven't gone limp yet. Holds boost a little longer. Previously I was holding around 11 but now it's around 14 before it drops off in the upper RPM range....
Sounds like a commercial I heard lately: "Mike has discovered Natural Turbo Enhancement, thanks to J-Valve." :lol:

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get your free 30 day supply while they last. Enzyte I think it was. Whereabouts in Slocala are you? I have a friend that lives there. Been down that way a couple of times.

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts
When the weather gets warmer, it is likely your enhanced boost will go limp. Many moons ago I immediately limped with J valve on GIAC chipped 2001 and put the stock N75 back in. You can be the first on your block to try the Split Second VC2 voltage clamp on the boost sensor. You will hear arguments pro and con over running that much boost on a K03 in terms of longevity, but at least with the voltage clamp you keep the extra boost. I think the overboost kit you're referring to will just bleed it off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts